Anthony Guerrera Jr – District 1
I’ve been a resident of Wolcott for 34 years. My wife and I will be married 21 years and we’ve raised 3 children, one of which is a Junior at WHS and I have 2 grandchildren. I’ve owned my own business since moving here employing 11 and working throughout all the New England states. I perform finish carpentry for multi-family unit projects ranging from 100 to 900 apartments. I started as a coach at the BAW at the Roberto Clemente level and spent 19 years with “Coach Dave”. Along with the successful runs at the World Series, I also coached basketball & soccer.
I was a member of the Wolcott Exchange Club for 2 years. Just recently I was a member of the Building Committee for the Board of Education. For 3 years I worked on projects at every school in town becoming familiar with how the committee’s function. I am, as my wife would put it, a political junkie and at this point in my life, I want to start getting involved in local politics. I thought it was time to not only talk the talk but walk the walk.
Terri Sheehan – District 1
My name is Terri Sheehan. I am running for Town Council 1st District. I have been a resident of the Town of Wolcott since 2003. I am married to Peter Sheehan. Together we have raised four children, Kyle Hensel (2021 graduate of Wolcott High School), Alison Hensel (2023 Wolcott High School), Crystal, and Matthew Sheehan.
I have deep roots within our Town. Together, my husband and I own and operate a business in Town. I am in charge and oversee human resources, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, service, contract review and negotiation, review of legal documents, and overall business upkeep and management.
I have served on various committees and boards within our town. Some of which include the Bd of Ethics, Secretary for the Local Emergency Planning Commission, Civilian Police Review Board, and Blight. I have also served and been a member of school PTOs, booster clubs, and hiring committees for various positions within our schools.
Rachel Wisler – District 2
- 11 yrs. Wolcott Town Council
- Current Majority Leader
- Wolcott resident for 50 years
- Co-owner & Corporate Treasurer, Rene Swiss Corp. 1984 – present
- Town Council Finance Sub-Committee Chair
- Board of Education Liaison
- Civilian Police Review Board Liaison
- Town Council Building Committee for Road Reconstruction
- BOE Building Committee for Oil Tanks, Gas Tanks, and Business Offices
- Former member Library Board of Directors
- 2010 Charter Revision Committee member
- Wolcott Republican Town Committee member
- Junior Women’s Club Past President, Treasurer, current member
- Past President St Pius X Ladies Guild
- Past member of St Pius X Parish Council
- Graduate of St Mary’s Hospital School of Nursing
- Married, 5 children, and 10 grandchildren
Rachel moved to Wolcott in 1971 from Waterbury. She raised her 5 children here – Michelle Parlato Codianna, Christine Parlato(deceased 1998), Dana Parlato Miller, Daniel Parlato, and Rene Wisler. In 1984, together with her husband Rene Wisler, they founded Rene Swiss Corporation, an International Company still operating today. Once her family was grown and on their own, she decided to give back to the town that had given so much to her family. Serving on the Town Council these past eleven years has been an extremely rewarding experience and one she hopes to continue.
Don Charette – District 2
- Wolcott resident over 52 years
- 5 terms on Wolcott Town Council
- Wolcott Board of Assessment Appeals, Former Chairman, and Vice-Chairman
- 5 terms on Wolcott Sewer & Water Commission, Former Vice-Chairman
- 3 terms on the Inland Wetlands Commission
- 2 terms on Board of Assessment Appeals
- Town Council Negotiations Committee; Back Tax Committee; Ordinance Committee Chairman; Liaison to Wolcott Volunteer Fire Dept; Liaison to Mill Pond Walk Trail; Finance Sub-Committee.
- 3 yrs. on the Wolcott Volunteer Fire Dept
- Wolcott Volunteer Fire Dept Honorary Member
- Retired Waterbury Fire Dept 27 yrs.
- St. Peter & Paul Parish-Eucharistic Minister
- American Legion Post 165-member, Former Commander; Present Senior Vice-commander
- Past President of CT State Firefighter’s Association
- Knights of Columbus 3rd degree
- Married to Joan 55 years, three sons Donald Jr., Mark, Robert & one daughter Tracey Maisto, three grandchildren Zachary Maisto, Jacob Maisto, & Allie Maisto
Joseph Skerrit – District 3
My name is Joseph Skerritt, Jr. and I am running for the Wolcott Town Council. I was born and raised in Waterbury and moved to Wolcott 30 years ago. I retired from the Waterbury School District after working for 35 years as a teacher and administrator. I am married and have 3 children who graduated from Wolcott High School. My wife worked as a physical education teacher and coach for the Wolcott School System before she retired. I have been a member of Wolcott Ambulance for 42 years and currently serve as the Asst Chief. I am also a member of the Wolcott Emergency Planning Committee. I am grateful for this opportunity and look forward to serving all the citizens of Wolcott as a member of the town council.
Sean Hughes – District 3
- PRO Unlimited as a Client Services Consultant since 2016 and working for Adecco North America as a Senior Recruiter, for Raymour & Flanigan Furniture as a Customer Care Manager, and for United Parcel Services, The UPS Store, and Masonicare of Newtown.
- Served on the Wolcott BOE for 2 years
- My civic experience has included currently serving as a member of the Wolcott Board of Education and serving on the Finance and Personnel sub-committees since 2019.
- I have previously served as a former Vice Chairman and a 4-year member of the Wolcott Library Board of Trustees, serving on the Budget, Long Range Plan, Personnel, and Facility and Maintenance sub-committees.
- I have also served as a former 4-year member and previous Chairman of the Wolcott Economic Development Commission and a former member of the Waterbury Board of Assessment Appeals.
- 7-year member of the Wolcott Republican
- Town Committee and current Secretary and previous Chairman of 5 years.
- I am a 7-year member of the Wolcott Lions Club, currently serving as Club Secretary and have served as a former Treasurer & Assistant Treasurer of the Wolcott Country Fair and a 7-year member of the Wolcott Lions Agricultural
- Senior Warden of Wolcott Lodge No. 146.